Monday, February 22, 2016

French.

I'm Mexican. As a Mexican, I need to learn a second or even a third language if I want to succeed (lol). No, but seriously we need to learn a second language besides of Spanish.
As you can see, my second language is English, and even though I don't have perfect spelling and grammar, I'm not as bad as I am in French. Because believe me when I say that French is harder for me than anything.
I started my French lessons two years ago, and I still have shitty pronunciation and can't read a short text. Since I'm a pretty desperate person, I have no patience whatsoever when it comes to learning, so you can understand my struggle.
I remember when I had my first lesson with an amazing teacher. She taught me the alphabet, the numbers and basic stuff, and I thought I was going to be amazing at it, but reality had other plans. One day I stopped going to my French lessons because I had to deal with something that was happening in my personal life, but my teacher gave me a website so I could practice and learn a little bit more. Since at that moment I was feeling pretty shitty, I procrastinated everyday and I kind of dropped the French language.
But now I'm in my last year of high school, future is coming towards me and I need another language. Even though I know English, I need another one, so I started again with French. Aparently my theory that this would work right now was terribly wrong, because I'm even worse at trying to learn something else right now. Stress and other things keep my mind busy, and sometimes I don't even know what I'm doing.
But I think I still have a hope on this, because I met this amazing French singer called ZAZ. Her music has helped me to learn a little bit more of the language, have more vocabulary and stuff like that. The funny thing is that is exactly music which helped me not to forget the English I already knew, because these three years of public high school have done nothing for me when it comes to languages.
Even though I consider I have facility for languages, if there's a lot on my mind or if I'm stressed and stuff like that, I'm not going to understand a thing. I guess that is one of the main reasons why us teenagers have it harder to learn another language. Or maybe is because sometimes public school is not as good as we wish it was when it comes to languages, etc. There might be lots of reasons, but to me is still a mystery.
Anyways, I hope to find out someday what's going on with me and hopefully I'll improve my French skills.
-A


No comments:

Post a Comment